Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Starting Out

Ok.  It is January and time for all the normal resolutions.  I have set the goal of losing weight again this year.  This year is a little different from all the years that I failed before.  I bought a wii.  I tried out the wii and found out that despite not picking up a video game since Atari was the rage that I like the wii.  It is fun and when I was playing, I forgot that I might also be exercising.  For Christmas, I asked for and got the wii fit plus and also Shaun White's Snowboarding.  I also have the Active Adventures  Extreme Sports game with mat.  So I am ready.  I am going to be active this year if it kills me.  Even if I don't lose a single pound or one inch, I will be able to climb the stairs without breathing hard by this time next year. 

I have decided for accountability purposes that I will post my progress and my slip ups to keep me honest. 

Before every journey begins, there must be a starting point.  Here is mine.  I am going to be 40 years old in June.  I am all of 5 feet 3 inches tall.  And horror of horrors, I weigh 232 pounds.  According to the wii, my BMI is 40.38 which as it likes to remind me repeatedly "that's obese".  How I long for the day that it's electronic voice will be saying "that's overweight" or in a perfect world "that's normal".  I measured my waist and my hips.  Scary numbers but here goes:  waist was 38 inches and hips were 53 inches.  Just to put that into perspective, my hips are over 4 feet around and only 10 inches less than I am tall.  Yikes.  These are the measurements that I am going to use to monitor my progress. 

So here is hoping that by using my wii and slowly making changes to my eating habits that I will be 100 pounds lighter and much smaller by January of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment